This project is read-only.

Checkout Source Code

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Hello,

I couldn't checkout the source code using SVN. I used my CodePlex username and password, but didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

RP

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM

This could be because you are not a contributor of this project. Open Source does not mean that everybody can check in changes.

You should first ask the project creator (me) to become a contributor and what changes you plan to submit.

Yours,

Alois Kraus

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Hello, Alois, thanks for the quick reply!

I don't mean to be a contributor, I am just used to checking out source code so that I can run it locally and keep up with changes.

Thanks,

RP

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM

As far as I can see you can connect with TeamExplorer only to projects you are a contributor. I do not have control over the TFS settings CodePlex is using. Sorry.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

"Team Explorer"? What do you mean? I was talking about SVN!

All projects I know of that are hosted on CodePlex (aspnet.codeplex.com, aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com, relinq.codeplex.com, wcfdstoolkit.codeplex.com, to name just a few) offer the possibility to checkout a read-only version of their source code! Of course, this is your project, and your decision, but, to me it doesn't make much since, because anyone can already browse it.

Well, never mind, just forget I asked.

RP

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:01 PM

The projects you mention have on thing in common: They do not use TFS as source control but mercuial, git or a zip file. You can not checkout with a subversion client code from TFS. For this you need TeamExplorer (another tool).

But this does not matter much. You can download the source code directly as zip from the source code tab or from the Relases there is also a source code link.

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM

CodePlex does not have SVN repositories, there is only an TFS to SVN gateway and it does (barely) work for other projects using TFS. Something must be wrong with this project since it asks for password when trying to connect with SVN.

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM

BTW. please consider switching to git or hg ;)

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Edited Jul 17, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Issue was resolved: http://codeplex.codeplex.com/workitem/26359

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Thank you, Alois! It was kind of you to care about this! :-)

Keep up the good work, I will sure to follow more closely!

Regards,

RP